The main objective of FLOTANT project is to develop the conceptual and basic engineering, including performance tests of the mooring and anchoring systems and the dynamic cable to improve cost-efficiency, increased flexibility and robustness to a hybrid concrete-plastic floating structure implemented for DWWF. Innovative solutions will be designed to be deployed in wáter depths from 100m to 600m, optimizing the LCOE of the floating solution (85-95 €/MWhby 2030). his will be achieved through the following specific objectives:
- To develop a lightweight, smart and high-performance mooring cabling.
- To optimize mooring line seabed, anchoring and platform connections.
- To develop a lightweight and high-performance dynamic cabling.
- To develop novel components to facilitate quick Plug & Play operations.
- To develop a new solution for offshore floating substructure.
- To optimise global performance of the integrated FLOTANT solution.
- To validate FLOTANT main components.
- To design and assess a cost-efficiency installation and removal techniques based on
FLOTANT novel components.
- To develop a full controlled and remote monitoring floating technology.
- To assess and quantify FLOTANT system cost reductions.
- To maximise project sustainability and assess the environmental impact reduction of the novel designed FOW solution.
- To maximite socio-economic impacts of FLOTANT. Including public engagement and social acceptance.
research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 815289