WP2: Anchoring and Mooring Design.
WP2 will advance new innovative mooring and anchoring components to overcome the challenges identified for deep waters (100-600m). Designs, adjustments and installation process will ensure reliable, sustainable and cost effective mooring and anchoring system from TRL3 to TRL5.
WP leader: TFI MARINE.
The objectives are:
- Combine anchoring solutions for mooring sharing and quantity reductions, bringing innovation to deadweight solutions.
- Develop light weight, high-performance polymer – carbon fibre mooring cables.
- Implement novel fabrication processes to produce mooring lines with the new polymer – carbon fibre material.
- Develop innovative passive load management components using a high-performance co-polymer material (polymer spring component).
- Develop Active Heave Compensation (AHC) technology testing its behaviour in AW facilities at prototype scale (up to 200kN).
- Integrate sensing technology in mooring components for load management and AHC.
- Provide suitable prototype components for tests in WP5: materials for antifouling and anti-bite, polymer-carbon fibre mooring cables (5m), polymer spring component (̴ 1/5 physical scale) and integrated sensing solutions.
research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 815289